I’m sad to say, the Hired Guru character is getting retired and phased out. I felt like it was maybe a bit too cartoony and losing credibility to those who were genuinely seeking out career advice.
Think of it this way, would you take career advice from this guy?
So what the hell is Bagsy? This is like calling shot-gun if you’re riding along in a car, or calling ‘dibs’ on something. The saying isn’t used much in the states, BUT I think it’s super catchy and light hearted.
That goes along with the spirit of HiredGuru.org – fun, informational, and easy access to info.
What about the old site?
It’s up for the time being as I transition all of the content over to WordPress. Thank goodness for WordPress because Wix was on my last nerve…at one point, the hg.org website went down entirely. After an hour on the phone with Wix support, they couldn’t tell me why. It sucks.
That said, I’m really excited to begin the journey with a fresh new site, layout, and the same content you’d expect from the site. Thank you to all the early readers of Hired Guru and stay tuned for even bigger releases to come including…*drum-roll please*:
- Company specific interview guides
- Google Interview Preparation Guide
- Amazon Interview Preparation Guide
- Microsoft Interview Preparation Guide
- Netflix Interview Preparation Guide
- and more!
- Custom job search tools to allow you to beef up your search
- Resume templates that actually work
- and more and more and more!
Again, thank you for reading and hang tight. More great stuff is on the way.